Report A Concern

If you have a concern about a child please tell us.

You can talk to any adult in school, or you can call 01480 375113 and ask to speak to someone about a safeguarding concern. We want to hear what you have to say.

This could be because you are:

  • Concerned that a child may be suffering physical, sexual or emotional abuse or is being neglected
  • A child or young person and you are being abused or neglected
  • A parent or carer and you feel you are harming your child or are close to doing so

Reporting a concern is the first step to getting help for the child involved.

If you don’t feel you can talk to someone at school you can contact the Cambridgeshire Referral Centre. You do not have to give your name and your conversation will be treated confidentially.

Telephone: 0345 045 5203 (8-6pm Monday to Friday)   01733 234 724 (out of hours)

Further information

You can also get advice and help from NSPCC for all concerns around abuse and neglect, and from Stop It Now! for concerns around sexual abuse.

Is a child in immediate danger?

If the child you are concerned about is in immediate danger of harm and needs urgent help, dial 999 straight away and ask for the police.

Related Policies

Concerned about something online?

CEOP is dedicated to keeping children safe from sexual abuse and grooming online.

They are there to help and advise you and to make your child safe. You can report to CEOP if you are concerned that your child is being sexually abused or groomed online. This might be from someone they know or someone they have only ever met online.

Reporting as a staff member

Where staff have a concern about a child, they should continue to follow the process outlined in the school Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. Staff are reminded of the need to report any concern immediately and without delay.

Where staff are concerned about an adult working with children in the school, they should report the concern to the Head-teacher according to the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.

If there is a requirement to make a notification to the Head-teacher whilst away from school, this should be done verbally and followed up with an email to the Head-teacher.

Concerns around the Head-teacher should be directed to the Chair of Governors: Jane Gedny.