To minimise the sharing of resources, at the start of term each pupil will be issued with a brand new:
- Individual named water bottle.
- Toolkit – stocked with essentials including a pencil, fine liner and coloured pencils plus other classroom essentials.
- NEW for September -we will be issuing each child with a PE bag for their kit. Clean PE kits should be brought to school on a Monday and will be sent home on a Friday to be washed ready for the next week.
Changes to the school day
PLEASE NOTE – from September, the timings of the school day will be changing to the following:
8.50 to 3.10 pm Monday to Thursday
8.50 to 12.10 noon on Friday
YEARS 1 – 6
8.45 to 3.20 pm Monday to Thursday
8.45 to 12.20 pm on Friday
Could we ask that children do not bring rucksacks or bags into school. No equipment is needed and children should only bring their PE kits and packed lunch boxes.
Access to school
PLEASE NOTE: Children in Reception to Year 3 may be accompanied onto site by one adult from their household. Children in Years 4 to 6 should leave their adult at the gate. Gates will all have a member of staff standing at them.
Transition details & teacher introduction videos:
Transition details: children moving up a year in September
September 2020 new starters in Early Years
Documents for reference
- Our Looking forward to September guidebook.
- An easier to read Visual Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
- Our full text Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
- Our Behaviour and Discipline Policy has been updated to reflect the new way that school is working.
- Our Safeguarding Policy has also been updated to take account of Covid-19.
If you are worried about anything of a Safeguarding nature you can email the HPS Safeguarding inbox firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking Forward to September
Download our full 12 page guide to school in September which includes all the information on this page and more!
Either at home or school our children use Seesaw to create a digital portfolio of work. Since the start of the Covid lockdown we've had:
Learning happens on Seesaw
Seesaw allows you to see activities set by your teachers, submit your work for feedback, get comments and communicate with your teachers. We use it in school to share our learning and, for those of you at home, we use it for Home Learning too.
Access Seesaw from wherever you are using any device. Tablets, laptops, phones, ipods, Apple, Android, Windows, Linux. It works everywhere!